August 3, 2007

NC Flag-Desecration Charges Dropped

See here for background. In brief, a NC couple provocatively prominently displayed an upside-down American flag in front of their home to express their political concerns. Apparently incited by local National Guardsmen (!), a lout with a badge newbie county deputy told them to stop and, according to witnesses, broke into their house when they refused. Police swarmed the property and arrested the husband.

I can't stand sanctimonious obnoxious goo-goos. I wouldn't have condoned scrawling a nastygram on the
Kuhns' sidewalk or TPing the house, but it wouldn't have perturbed me very much either.

However, illegal use of force by law enforcement, egged on by members of the armed forces, overrides my distaste for the victims. The responsible officer should be fired and perhaps charged and, although I grit my teeth to write this, the Kuhns should get a fat settlement from the county.

No comments: