And perhaps the collection baskets are emptier than they were before the election.
1. Why are you reading this?
Because you still care (?).
I’m reading this out of habit and because I agree with many of your positions as academic propositions. As a practical matter, I note that the Right, having been utterly outmaneuvered by the Left in an election which was the Right’s to win, is carrying on with business as usual.
2. Your previous Operation Counterweight urged your readers to support eighteen candidates, including honorable mentions. Fifteen of them lost. Your reaction: Would do it again, with the same choices. My reaction to your reaction: And likely with the same outcome.
3. America is heading toward a point of no return. It may or may not have reached it. If it hasn’t reached it, the conservative movement as currently constituted is not going to change the direction.
4. In a comment thread started by stevewhitemd, I replied to Towson Lawyer as follows:
The kook faction and the kleptocrat faction are vying for control of the GOP. Everybody else lacks critical mass.
Your suggestion about the abortion issue coincides with my opinion, but afaik it is not acceptable to the kooks.
After the eruption of post-election lunacy on this board, I decided to stop commenting regularly. The loss of a winnable election was bad enough; the post-election craziness is the last straw.
Maybe America hasn’t suffered enough. My real worry is that the country may be too far gone to respond constructively to experience.
Never before has a nation been presented with the position and opportunities America had at the dawn of the millenium. Never before has so much been squandered so quickly. Heaven help us if history is just.
Rant over. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming: Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great! No new taxes!
5. WAJ has called abortion “the civil rights issue of our time”. There were overwhelming thumbs-downs against the term “zygote” because it is supposedly dehumanizing. It’s been a waste of my time to seek common ground on this. Enough is enough.
“Conservatives” are for limited government, except when government can be used to shove their religious practices down the country’s throat. Good luck selling that. Santorum-Akin 2016!
6. I could go on and on. For example, Asian Americans are more disadvantaged by affirmative action than whites are. How, then, did the GOP contrive to lose 3/4 of their votes?
7. During WW2 George Orwell told British pacifists that objectively they were aiding the Fascists. A similar indictment applies to Real Conservatives™ wrt the Left.
December 11, 2012
I'm Worse Than Mad. I'm Indifferent.
From Legal Insurrection, I infer that perhaps the conservative faithful are not flocking to their places of worship the way they did before the election. My response:
Posted by gs at 12/11/2012 01:06:00 AM