February 16, 2008

The GOP's Parasites Remain in Charge

Dinocrat commenter staghounds on a McCain speech:
“I will not sign a bill with earmarks in it, any earmarks in it. ”

That is a base-turning-out promise...
I agree, but here, here, here and here, with many worthwhile links, Instapundit notes that the GOP is determined to keep going in the opposite direction.

Glenn Reynolds remarks
Sometimes I think they'd rather be a porky minority than a porkless majority.
A similar thought has crossed my mind. I prefer Instapundit's phrasing, which is a tweak or two away from a mot juste--something like "Better to be a corrupt minority than an honest majority."

McCain is saddled with Bush's underperforming record and with continuing Republican parasitism. Maybe, without being explicit about his own party, he needs to make the case that Obama's messianism will yield an extrapolation of how Republicans have governed.

No comments: