November 12, 2007

Climate Change

I remarked at Dinocrat that
I’m a global warming skeptic, not a global warming disbeliever.
I view anthropogenic global warming as
...a great issue for aging boomers who ‘had issues’ in the 60s and continue to have issues today. Al Gore has written:

We have the opportunity to become the Greatest Generation, responding to our climate debate – but only if we take urgent action to limit global warming.
***********
Given the demagoguery, looniness, and civilizational deathwish among alarmists, it’s hard to keep an open mind about anthropogenic global warming. I support research on climate modelling and measurement, and I support research on reversible climate engineering. For example, Gregory Benford seems to be thinking constructively.
Linking to a news report on geoengineering, Instapundit warns
Be cautious.
Indeed. That's why my comment above specified reversible climate engineering.

No comments: